SWA utilizes an established, lean process for executive search
assignments while demonstrating agility to maximize the successful completion of the search:
- Define Client expectations in clear
business imperatives, potential constraints/limitations, and sense of urgency on the assignment.
- Measure all aspects of the assignment to understand critical Client requirements:
- Fully understand Client’s organizational style/culture, and
interpersonal characteristics and personality traits needed to succeed,
- Position performance details as well as technical skills to deliver exceptional
- Identify individual
and organizational benchmarks to size-up "fit" factors for the Client company
- Explore potential candidate pools from a mutually developed list of
benchmark/target companies. SWA conducts original research on every search
- A value-driver of our search process
is our reach—our creativity to find candidates where others can't or haven't thought to look plus our ability to attract
the very best senior level talent.
- Develop candidates and review benchmark candidate within thirty days of commencement of assignment.
- Implement defined protocols through final stages of candidate selection
and negotiations including:
- SWA interviews finalist candidates in-person
- Preliminary candidate reference check after initial Client interview
and indication of Client interest (additional reference checks as process continues);
- Assistance in the final negotiations to ensure that the candidate is successfully hired,
if the client wishes; and,
- Post-hire follow-up during first year with client and candidate to
monitor outcomes (additional ad hoc services available including new leader assimilation and team effectiveness assistance).
SWA utilizes methods
and techniques, honed over many years, to assess senior leadership competencies including Strategic Visioning, People and
Organization, and Results Execution. Video conferencing is acceptable first step - to make an acquaintance - however,
SWA believes the nuances of style and "fit" are best assessed during an extensive interview that includes meeting
face-to-face. This is a standard approach in the SWA process.